Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Florence smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a single cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in complete control of your Florence home’s security and automation. See how it will help you and find recommendations to get started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Florence?
Wirelessly linking to sensors and other implements via radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You may disarm or arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When integrating a video doorbell, you can even speak to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also provides complete remote access and control via the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s a sample of the duties you can execute:
- Check live or recorded footage from any connected cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Florence by programming schedules or establishing preferences. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a particular time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock if the fire alarm goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in the home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll observe a warning if something is preventing the system from arming. For instance, an open window will urge you to act. Keep in mind that you may still arm your home’s security by adhering to the instructions above. You will then need to verify you wish to bypass the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Florence
Although various users can be set up during the initial installation, you will probably want to add an additional user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote access, tap email or phone and submit the information to deliver an invite.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, simply go to the menu, tap users, pick the user you want to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Florence security system. Contact (843) 438-7320 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.