Top safety tips for new homeowners in Florence
If you purchased your first home or you’re preparing to, congratulations! It’s a thrilling time for your family. You’re likely considering how you should personalize your residence with paint, furnishings, and decor. But, before you get too caught up in home improvements, be sure you consider home security too. Keeping your loved ones shielded from harm should always be a point of emphasis, and we’ll show you the way with the following safety tips for new homeowners in Florence.
Complete a safety audit of your new Florence property
Now that you’re considering safety, find out what your new home has in terms of protection. To start, make certain you have functioning fire alarms. Try every one and replace batteries if required. Are CO detectors present? Is there a water sensor in your basement? This is also an excellent time to replace door locks and check all window locks. Go room-by-room and get to know your new home.
Smart security tips for your Florence home
Once you’ve completed your opening check of safety devices and locking systems, you can look into improving your protection. Begin with these security tips for your home in Florence.
- Invest in a full-featured home security system. One of the best tools for new homeowners in Florence is a home security system. Modern wireless advancements let you keep a close watch on your home even when you’re at the office or on vacation. You may review up-to-the-second video footage, control entry locks, and even talk to people on your front porch directly from your mobile device. You may custom-tailor your system with amazing security features like surveillance cameras and monitored safety alarms.
- Upgrade outdoor lights. Outside lights with motion detection are a great strategy in discouraging possible intruders. You can even use them in conjunction with surveillance cameras. The tripping of a motion sensor can tell your surveillance to begin recording.
- Keep your yard maintained. Do you have an unblocked perspective of your property through your windows? Are there overgrown shrubs and trees blocking your view? Get rid of possible areas to hide by keeping your yard well groomed. Your neighbors will appreciate it too.
- Get to know people in your area. One more thing about your neighbors, get familiar with them. If you are friends with people nearby, there’s a greater probability they’ll inform you if they see anything suspicious. You might also connect to your neighborhood’s social media page if one is available.
- Utilize home automation. If you install a modern smart home, you can make it appear like you’re on site by activating smart lights at predetermined moments. This is a fantastic feature when you’re not there.