Tips to cut down on false alarms in Florence
False alarms may become a real problem for your home’s security. Not only can they decrease the trust you have in your equipment, but they can also be a pain to resolve. Luckily, you can do a few things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Florence sensors and alarms.
As the first step, make sure that all components are connected correctly. This process may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s common that overlooked user errors result in false alarms. Next, watch out for potential causes of false alarms, including entry points that may be left open by accident. And finally, don't hesitate to integrate the many tools like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Florence.
Is it really that simple? Continue on and discover for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Florence?
When figuring out any problem, the initial step is to review the owner’s instruction booklet. Make sure all alarms and sensors are set up correctly on your end by:
- Executing a diagnostic with your smart hub touchscreen.
- Manually evaluate each device to be certain it didn't become dislodged or need fresh batteries.
- Look over your scheduling to make sure that your home’s security isn’t activating at unsuitable times.
- Be certain that all recently added smart components are incorporated correctly and aren't interfering with your alarms.
Call your service agent if you are still having trouble cutting down false alarms in your Florence security system. They'll gladly send out a tehnician to check your system.
Check your entry points
If your configuration checks out installed properly, the subsequent course of action is to do a sweep of your property. Are all your windows and doors closed tightly, or might there be a few mistakenly open? If an entry point is left open, it could trigger a sensor. If your family routinely neglects to shut an entry point, you could incorporate a smart lock that secures automatically when your system goes live. Regrettably, windows require additional physical effort, particularly if you have a family member who prefers to fall asleep with a window cracked. Luckily, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to disengage that sensor while protecting the rest of the residence.
Smart home automation can be a smart technique to cut down on false alarms in Florence
One of the smartest ways to minimize the chance of false alarms is to integrate smart home automation into your security system. When utilizing your mobile security app, you’re able to:
- Arrange a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and avert false alarms that happen due to accidentally opening doors or windows. You can then program the alarm to automatically set again after dark as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system deactivate when your smart front door lock is activated with the proper PIN.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system when you exit the driveway, then disengage when you come back to the house.
- Get mobile alerts when your devices detect unusual activity or have need of a fresh battery.
- Link your equipment to Alexa or Google Home, so you may disarm and arm your system without the mobile app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Florence with a Vivint smart home
Greater control over your home security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint smart home, reach out to (843) 438-7320 or submit the following form.